Your browser version is outdated. We recommend that you update your browser to the latest version.

The Hesston Record
347 B Old Hwy 81
Hesston, KS 67062
(620) 327-4831

This Week's Issue:August 25, 2016 August 25, 2016


AGCO celebrates Ribbon Cutting For $45 Million Paint Facility

Posted 8/20/2013

On Friday, Aug. 16, AGCO hosted the official ribbon cutting for its new 200,000 square-foot, $45.627 million paint facility.

The new facility features E-coat, a state-of-the-art 17-stage primer system. Each tank holds up to 35,000 gallons of liquid and can accommodate parts up to 27-feet-long. 

Approximately 75 percent of all parts produced at the Hesston plant will pass through the E-coating process. The remaining 25 percent will be wet-painted.

According to Hans Berned Veltmaat Senior Vice President, Chief Supply Chain Officer, the groundwork for the paint facility began several years ago.

“The major building blocks started three years ago when AGCO invested money into fabrication – lasers, press brakes and robot welding,” he said.

The process of bringing the paint facility to Hesston involved the cooperation of a number of entities, including the local Union.

Danny Hawkins, Treasurer for United Steel Workers Local 11228, said AGCO and the Union worked together to make the Hesston facility an appealing location. 

To read more, see this week's print edition.